Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just been up the glen again. Some good photies which I will post separately. It's been a busy week. Nice evening in St Mungo's Mirrorball in Glasgow on Thursday night. Read with Kona MacPhee and Brian Whittingham. A reunion of sorts of my first ever St Jo's creative writing evening class which spawned talents like Evelyne Pye and Geoff Cooper and Angus MacMillan, all of whom have their own collections now and all of whom are fine poets. Geoff and Evelyn were both there on Thursday and it was great to see them. Found a brilliant cellar that served cheap and lethal cider, too. And saw a hare on the way home in the Dalveen Pass, as Shug Bryden was kindly driving me hame.

I see Scotland on Sunday have a haiku competition to celebrate new year's day, 1/1/1

Send entries to haiku@edinburghshogmanay.com

I wrote the definitive new year haiku a few years ago, mind you.

"Scotland, New Year's Day:
two men in t-shirts converge,
to strangle each other."

3 comments:

hope said...

You never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Congrats on the world embracing your words!

Titus said...

I think you're ten years too late again. It's 1/1/11.

Titus said...

And we were waving free Saltires at the Winter Festival in town.
Music! Provost! Glowsticks! Christmas Lights! Ha to your Country Living.